Variable Area Flow Meter for liquids and gases
- Modular design: from mechanical indicator to 4…20 mA / HART®, and Totalizer
- Any installation position: Vertical, horizontal or in fall pipes
- Flange: DN15…150 / 1⁄2…6″; also NPT, G, hygienic connections, etc.
- -196…+400°C / -320…+752°F; max. 1500 psig
The SRS Direct Roto-Gear is the standard variable area (VA) flowmeter for the process and OEM industry. additionally, the VA meter combines mechanical flow measurement of liquids or gases with state-of-the-art communication capabilities. The device is modularly extendable. Additionally, electronic modules can be added or replaced at any time without process interruption. In this way, its functionality adapts to new requirements – from analog flow measurement without auxiliary power to digital integration into a fieldbus system.
In addition, the variable areas flow meter is available in various materials and in many different versions. Moreover, the sturdy all-metal flowmeter can be also used in applications with high pressures (up to 1500 psig), temperatures (-196…+400°C / -320…+752°F) or aggressive media. Also, it even allows installation in horizontal or fall pipes up to DN150 / 6″. After that, a special version for use in hygienic applications is also available. Finally, the Variable Area Flow Meter is intrinsically safe and explosion-proof.
Firstly, Product Highlights
- Simple, low-cost installation: Able to measure and display without auxiliary power supply
- Unique modularity and serviceability: Limit switches, 2-wire 4…20mA, totalizer with LCD and pulse output,
- Universal ex-concept: Explosion proof and intrinsically safe
- Various stainless steel and alloy sensor materials
- Optional stainless steel housing for corrosive atmospheres
- Ingress protection IP66 and IP68 / NEMA4X and NEMA6
- Full scale value for liquids: 10…120,000 l/h / 5…32,000 GPH
- Full scale value for gases: 0.7…2800 m3/h / 25…100,000 SCFH
- Turndown ratio 10:1 (optional 100:1)
- Accuracy: ±1.5%
- Optional hygienic design for use in the food and pharmaceutical industry
Secondly, Typical Applications
Chemical and other process industries:
- Additives (e.g. catalysts, foam inhibitors, emulsifiers)
- Acids, bases, phosgene and other chlorides substances, sulfuric substances
- Condensate and cooling water
- Nitrogen inertia of vessels and tanks
- Sample flow monitoring for process analysis
- Gas sparging in liquids
Oil and gas industry
- Injection skids for corrosion-, scale- and hydrate-inhibitors
- Nitrogen, flue gases, etc.
- In addition, Emulsifiers
Machinery and apparatus
- Gas seal monitoring for compressors
- Also, Coolants and cooling water, lubricants, air supply
- Dry-run prevention of pumps
- Gas and oil measurement for industrial furnaces
- Demineralized water, alcohol, solvents, insulin etc.
- Also, Cleaning agents
- Air measurement in clean rooms
Food and beverage industry
- Vegetable oil, drinking water, milk, carbon dioxide
- Cleaning agents
Water and wastewater industry
- Oxygen sparging into aeration basins
- Air injection to reduce iron content
Conventional and nuclear power industry
- Heavy water, borated water, tritium etc.
- Sulfuric acid
- Phosphate, nitrogen, hydrogen, Sulfur
- Purified water, saline water etc.
- Steam, air, gases, boiler washing water etc.
- Diesel, return fuel oil flows etc.
Moreover, are you looking for another type of Flow Meter?
There are no reviews yet.